2019 SEEP Annual Conference - Building resilience through market systems
- 21 Oct 2019 – 23 Oct 2019
- Arlington, Virginia, USA
- Seep Network
The annual conference will highlight proven and experimental strategies that harness the potential of markets to support people, enterprises and communities that are highly vulnerable to the shock-stress-shock cycle.
The conference will address the following questions:
- How can access to markets contribute to greater resilience for vulnerable households?
- How are financial services, formal and informal, contributing to increased resiliency?
- What is the role of social capital and social networks in nurturing resilience and supporting livelihoods?
- What are the specific challenges to advancing resilience in thin markets and fragile contexts?
- Can women’s empowerment and gender equality serve as a source of resilience?
- How can we better harness data to strengthen market resilience overall?
The conference theme is articulated around four technical tracks:
- Fostering Resilience through Financial Inclusion
- Leveraging Markets for Resilience in Fragile Environments
- Gender Equality as a Resilience Strategy
- Data and Resilience – Building the Evidence Base