Resilient Markets Academy
- 28 Oct 2019 – 01 Nov 2019
- International Training Centre of the ILO, Turin, Italy
In partnership with the ITC-ILO and the Norwegian Refugee Council. Specifically designed for humanitarian and development practitioners and partners working in fragile and conflict-affected settings, including refugee contexts.
Why the Resilient Markets Academy? Growing humanitarian needs, protracted crises and changing environments of aid delivery have created a global momentum for market-based programming in fragile and conflict-affected settings (FCAS). Based on the recognition that markets are the principal means through which billions of people derive income and buy commodities to cover basic needs, this academy provides humanitarian and development practitioners as well as policy makers with an opportunity to:
- explore how innovative programs build resiliency in FCAS using market-based approaches
- acquire skill sets and capacity for applying market-systems thinking in the WASH, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors.
Find out more about:
- Who the Academy is intended for
- The goals and programme
- Format and methodology