How to do MSD procurement: practical insights from donors and implementers
- 22 Oct 2020
- Online webinar
- BEAM Exchange
BEAM Grab the Mic webinar
Date: 22 October 2020 11am UK time / 10am UTC / 6am NY/DC (time converter)
Roger Oakeley, The Springfield Centre
Elin Carlsson, SIDA
Grace Becton, Mercy Corps
Nina FitzSimons, PRISMA (Palladium)
Sharing experiences, tips and solutions around navigating MSD programme management and procurement challenges
Development programmes typically involve a collaboration between donors (who pay) and implementers (who do). Procurement and contracting are used to reconcile the overlap in their interests, in a formal and transparent manner. It can, however, become an adversarial process. This hinders the building of a constructive relationship necessary for the flexible, adaptive approach that is so vital for MSD to be effective in reducing poverty.
From January to April 2020, BEAM organised a series of MSD Procurement Clinics. These were closely-facilitated online spaces for small groups of MSD managers and advisors to share experiences, tips and solutions around navigating MSD programme management and procurement challenges.
The speakers, one from each of the four groups, will reflect on the process and highlight key lessons for MSD donors, consultants and implementers.
The MSD Procurement Series is a set of four papers that came out of the MSD Procurement Clinics:
- MSD Procurement Papers - an overview
- #1 Decisive structures: procurement format options for MSD programmes and their different implications
- #2 Deepening the relationship: a stage-by-stage guide to strengthening partnerships between donors and implementers in MSD programmes
- #3 Getting off the ground: practical lessons for the launch phase of MSD programmes
- #4 Fit for Business: modifying internal procurement processes to suit adaptive MSD programmes