Inclusive Market Systems Development for donors e-learning programme
- 26 Apr 2021 – 30 Jul 2021
- Agora Global
This course is aimed at anyone involved in designing, procuring, managing or advising a market systems development programme from a donor perspective.
- Rapid understanding of what MSD is and how to do it, so you know what to expect from implementers
- Programme design - a clear process to understand parameters for programme design and the implications of the decisions made at this stage
- Finding and selecting implementing partners - covering a wide range of different sourcing, partnership and procurement mechanisms
- Managing and monitoring programme performance including formal results measurement frameworks and contracts as well as informal tactics to ensure your programme delivers.
- Communicating MSD to different audiences to help you make the case for pursuing a more sustainable approach to development
Emphasis is on self-led learning. There are eight modules with two weeks given to complete each. There are three contact 'touchpoints' throughout the course, but there is continuous interaction though bespoke forum threads. Expected commitment varies but each module tends to take 2 hours to complete. Based on state-of-the-art e-learning development, the course includes many games, videos, coursework and quizzes as well as supplementary reading.
Past participants include FCDO, Sida, DFAT, ADA, SDC, Gatsby Africa, JICA, the World Bank, ILO, USAID.
Applications are now closed - the programme will be launched again later in 2021 - watch this space.
19th March 2021: application deadline (places are limited)
3rd April 2021: deadline for invoice payment (invoices will be sent as soon as you're accepted onto the course)
Course fee: $750 and includes embedded consulting services from the Agora team to help you operationalise the learning after the course finishes.
26th April 2021: course launch. This is when the first batch of materials are released, but you can start at any time in the following weeks.