The art of investigation: qualitative research methods for development
- April 26, 2021 – March 30, 2021
- Springfield Centre
The field of market systems development is built on interviews, focus groups and field trips – but few of us have ever been taught how to use qualitative research methods well, yet alone how to analyse the results.
This practical, interactive and informal course will teach you the A to Z of qualitative research for development – from planning through to analysis.
You will learn how to:
- make a research plan
- sample for qualitative research
- do a semi-structured interview
- make the most of ‘field visits’
- handle a focus group
- analyse qualitative data and come up with conclusions
Who is this for?
- Intervention managers and staff
- Monitoring and results measurement specialists
- Evaluators and external reviewers