Consultant, MSD for Employment - Global and Africa TSU
- Mercy Corps
- Anywhere / pref. Africa time zones
- Closing Date
- Dec. 1, 2023
The purpose of this consultancy is to promote and advance Mercy Corps’ MSD4E work at the global and regional level with the goal of improving quality, increasing the number of Mercy Corps programs applying the MSD4E approach, building evidence, and influencing others in the field, in alignment with Mercy Corps’ Pathway to Possibilities strategy.
In this three-month consultancy period, the Consultant will work closely with the global Markets Technical team, the Young People and Protection team, the GESI team and other relevant technical support teams to ensure that the Africa region is driving the agency’s innovative programming and thinking on youth employment.
Required experience & skills:
- 5+ years of experience of increasingly proficient management and/or technical support in MSD programming, with at least one job experience in a well-reputed MSD project.
- Strong technical expertise in MSD; technical expertise in MSD4E (Market Systems Development for Employment) is preferred
- Experience providing implementation support to MSD for employment programs is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience assessing markets and working with private sector partners
- Experience working across different geographies, including Africa, and more specifically in fragile environments.
- Strong ability to understand, manage and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders and complex relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
- Experience of capturing learning for learning briefs, case studies, or research outputs
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to Mercy Corps project sites, including traveling to insecure environments, is preferred, but not required
- A proven proactive approach to work and self-driven leadership.
- Fluency in English is required, with strong written and oral communication skills.