MSD Tool Library
MSD: introductory videos
What is a market system?
Why a systems approach?
Features of a market systems approach
M4P Operational Guide
Evidence Review 2021
BEAM Evidence Map
About the Evidence Map
DCED Evidence Framework
Monitoring tips and techniques
How to! Notes
What is the MSD Competency Framework?
Guidance for mentors and managers
Guidance for hiring and recruitment
Personal development for practitioners
Events & training
Examples of Value for Money Studies
Reply on DGroups
| 4 comments
Nov. 18, 2022, 3:20 p.m.
Iâd pick Caitlinâs brains - https://airbel.rescue.org/team/caitlin-tulloch/
Nov. 18, 2022, 3:14 p.m.
This is a great list, definitely it will give us a lead. Thank you so much for sharing.
Nov. 18, 2022, 3:06 p.m.
There are quite a few out there, depending on what exactly youâre looking for. Here are a few that help give the landscape of VfM, at least with respect to CVA:
1. Bailey, S., & Pongracz, S. (2015). Humanitarian cash transfers: cost, value for money and economic impact: Background note for the High Level Panel on Humanitarian Cash Transfers. May 2015.
1. Doocy, S., & Tappis, H. (2016). Cash-based approaches in humanitarian emergencies: A systematic review. April 2016.
1. Gentilini, U. (2014) Our daily bread: what is the evidence on comparing cash versus food transfers?, Discussion Paper 1420, The World Bank
1. Maghsoudi, A., Harpring, R., Piotrowicz, W.D. and Heaslip, G. (2022), Cash and voucher assistance along humanitarian supply chains: a literature review and directions for future research. Disasters. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/disa.12520
1. Margolies, A. and Hoddinott, J. (2014) âCosting alternative transfer modalitiesâ, Journal of Development Effectiveness 7(1): 1-16.
1. Mikulak, M. (2018). Cost-effectiveness in humanitarian work: cash-based programming. September 2018.
1. Venton, C. C., Bailey, S., & Pongracz, S. (2015). Value for money of cash transfers in emergencies. February 2015.
1. Wylde, E. & Venton, C. C. (2020) VALUE FOR MONEY OF SOCIAL PROTECTION AND HUMANITARIAN CASH TRANSFERS IN THE CONTEXT OF COVID-19. September 2020.
Many of the studies also have numerous references to other studies which might be helpful.
Hope this helps!
Supply Chain CVA Advisor I, Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) | Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
228 West Lexington Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-3443
+358 044 977 5832 | crs.org <https: ?url="http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2sgtGk1&data=01%7C01%7Crobyn.mckenna%40crs.org%7C045b056ec16a44bf7a9108d80d5a0a29%7Cb80c308cd08d4b07915c11a92d9cc6bd%7C0&sdata=N474YdYLIdOdBQyIjtVlw2Xb%2BYWYJcyVMqLzjRrWmC0%3D&reserved=0" nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com=""> | crsespanol.org <https: ?url="http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2sgtKQN&data=01%7C01%7Crobyn.mckenna%40crs.org%7C045b056ec16a44bf7a9108d80d5a0a29%7Cb80c308cd08d4b07915c11a92d9cc6bd%7C0&sdata=zWsk0xwn62cc3nNQ81Wxpghe%2B7AxnTEZvWVpBPQBwOw%3D&reserved=0" nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com="">
Nov. 18, 2022, 11:30 a.m.
Dear MiC Community,
Our team at WFP is searching for example studies that adopted value for money methods (ROI, SROI, cost-benefit analysis, or cost-effectiveness analysis) on market-based interventions.
Any examples, case studies or past experience would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food Programme. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic messages.
on 11/26/2022 at 13:16