Applying MSD to formalise and support artisanal small-scale mining (ASM) in Rwanda.
Artisanal small-scale mining (ASM) is a complex, unique, and context-specific sector. This brief shares lessons for policymakers. SDMR used the MSD donut to analyse the ASM sector and identify key policy implications.
SDMR's programme objectives are to foster:
- a more professional, open and transparent mining sector
- a more efficient and economically viable mining sector, in line with environmental best-practice;
- increased level of private investment in the sector
- improved incomes of artisanal and small-scale miners
- Read the blog: Applying MSD to artisanal and small-scale mining in Rwanda