for market systems approachesVisit the evidence map
Final evaluation report for Growth in Rural Economy & Agriculture in Tajikistan (GREAT).
GREAT's objective was to increase inclusive rural economic growth in Tajikistan.
The GREAT programme focused on four areas:
- supporting the development of a business enabling environment
- promotion of agricultural production and other rural economic activities
- improved access to financial services
- increasing revenue form cross-border trade
This report synthesises finding of its final external evaluation.
The research was done using mixed methods.
Primary data was collected on a sampling basis (using a combination of random and purposive methods) from:
- 68 key informants
- 334 structured interviews
- 35 focus group discussions (FGDs)
These provided quantitative and qualitative data and information.
Primary data was complemented by secondary data provided by the programme and its partners, plus other sources found by the evaluation team independently.