The DCED has created a portal that brings together resources on the tragic impacts of COVID-19 and how agencies can adjust their Private Sector Development interventions to improve the situation, both in the short and medium term.
The portal is divided into the following sections:
- What are likely economic and social impacts of COVID-19 globally and in developing countries?
- How can we adjust PSD interventions in the short term?
- How can we use PSD to stimulate economic recovery and greater resilience to future outbreaks?
Sign up to DCED's COVID-19 Newsletter to receive updates when important new resources are added.
BEAM is contributing to this portal. We are also starting to add new Resources and Blogs to the BEAM website including:
- Blog by Danielle Resnick: COVID-19 lockdowns threaten Africa’s vital informal urban food trade and from CaLP: Impossible choices – questioning assumptions behind lock-down in low income and fragile contexts
- ODI's Supporting Economic Transformation (SET) project is monitoring economic and social impacts of COVID-19 in Africa.
- Markets in Crises (MiC) statement on COVID-19
- Mercy Corps' COVID-19 rapid market impact report
There's also our Conversations Board where the Markets in Crises D-group has been very busy discussing the effects of COVID-19.
Event - Marketlinks webinar on 4th June 2020 Keeping firms and supply chains afloat in the age of COVID-19
We will be adding to these - search for 'COVID-19' to find the latest.