This report evaluates COVID-19’s impact on the workplace for international development.
COVID-19 has profoundly altered the workplace for international development professionals. From the transition to a virtual working environment to the halt in international travel, our industry has been navigating unprecedented changes to our working models, raising important questions about what our new normal will look like and how we can lay the foundation for a more empathetic, equitable and inclusive sector.
The study and associated brief addresses the following questions:
- Is the development community at risk of losing hard-won diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) gains due to the pandemic?
- What DEI implications should implementing partners consider when designing their future working models?
- What are development professionals demanding in their post-pandemic careers, and what are the DEI implications?
- Watch the associated webinar on YouTube that took place on 2nd May 2022
- Download the webinar presentation