A summary of new Blogs and Resources added to the BEAM Exchange during March / April 2018
- Moving beyond female participation, Sonia Jordan
How ELAN RDC is upgrading women’s roles in DRC.
- How can I conduct more meaningful market systems analysis? – Check your ego! Patrick Sommerville and Hayden Aaronson
Network analysis is challenging to implement and has yet to be deployed extensively by international development practitioners.
- Why and how embracing messiness is the key to success, Marshall Bear and Harald Bekkers
Part 1 of the Messiness Series: in search of the sweet spot in implementing MSD programmes.
- Analysing the causes of messiness via two further diagnostic tools, Marshall Bear and Harald Bekkers
Part 2 of the Messiness Series: in search of the sweet spot in implementing MSD programmes.
- Let core principles guide the artful choice between ‘proscriptive orthodoxy’ and ‘anything goes’, Marshall Bear and HaraldBekkers
Part 3 of the Messiness Series: in search of the sweet spot in implementing MSD programmes.
Guidance + Tools
- The Gender Equality Mainstreaming (GEM) Framework, MEDA
A practical manual and toolkit for assessing gender equality and identifying, implementing and measuring gender equality mainstreaming strategies within companies.
- Market systems development: DFAT Operational guidance note
Australia's Department for Foreigh Affairs and Trade (DFAT) operational guidance note for MSD programme managers.
- Designed to fail, Springfield Centre
How to design programmes to allow adaptive management.
- Impacting jobs through increasing exports, ILO
This evaluation assesses the employment impact of the IFC Rice Sector Support Project (RSSP) in Cambodia.