Market-based livelihoods interventions for refugees and host communities
- 08 Apr 2019 – 12 Apr 2019
- Turin, Italy
- ILO / UNHCR
Are you working at the intersection of humanitarian and development programming and want to facilitate the economic inclusion of refugees?
This training has been initiated and developed by the ILO and the UNHCR as a response to a lack of a specialised training on market-based livelihood interventions for refugees. It is based on the “Making markets work for the poor” (M4P) approach and disseminates tools and good practices learnt from joint UNHCR-ILO projects.
After attending the course you will be able to:
- understand the M4P approach and its relevance for promoting refugee livelihoods
- design and facilitate livelihood programmes that are economically viable and that comply with refugees' protection needs
- use tools to better manage your livelihoods programme portfolio
- measure results and impact of your livelihoods programmes
- apply good practices from real-life case studies
Deadlines for applications: 10 March 2019