About the BEAM Exchange
The BEAM Exchange is a specialist platform for knowledge exchange and learning about using market systems approaches to reduce poverty. We exist to promote, support and encourage good practice, by providing a gateway to know-how (and know-who) for policy advisors, team leaders, practitioners, researchers and consultants.
BEAM means Building Effective & Accessible Markets
What is the BEAM Exchange for?
We aim to support work that creates widespread and lasting improvements in access to income, jobs, products and services for people living in poverty.
If you work with businesses, governments and others to transform how market systems function – to make markets work better for the poor – then you have come to the right place. We mobilise knowledge and build connections among professionals seeking advice, technical guidance, evidence of results or an opportunity to share their experience.
Practical support for the growth of a strong, reflective and engaged ‘community of practice’ in market systems development.
Here you will find information and links about:
- The meaning and core principles of market systems development
- Operational guidance for designing and implementing programmes
- Evidence about the results and impact that programmes have achieved
- Case-studies and examples from the field, and an index of programmes around the world that already use a market systems approach
- A vibrant community space for blogs, webinars and discussion
- And a comprehensive searchable library of resources
In short, if you want to know more about using a market systems approach, BEAM can help. Learn from, and connect with your peers, and share your own knowledge. Discover how they did it, what works, and the pitfalls to avoid.
Welcome to our community of practice!