for market systems approachesVisit the evidence map
Katalyst is a market development programme that aims to increase the productivity and incomes of small farmers and micro and small enterprises by facilitating access to information, skills, services and market linkages.
The case study looks at Katalyst’s work in Phase II to facilitate systemic change in the fishery sector. Increased productivity and returns are achieved by improving the quality of fingerlings available for small farmers.
It examines the impact of a set of interventions including:
- improving hatchery management
- improving farmers’ knowledge on fingerling management
- inducing high value species farming
The report relies on information generated by the programme's:
- monitoring and evaluation system
- review of intervention documents
- interviews with programme staff
The data used is from the programme's monitoring and evaluation system which was successfully audited against the DCED Standard in 2016.
Katalyst blog series: