The 2021 Symposium took place over two weeks and was online for the first time. It focused on four thematic areas, each supported by a number of cross-cutting themes.
This conference report provides a synthesis of the sessions that were divided into plenaries, toolbox & clinics, and deep-dive cafes.
The main themes were:
- Private sector engagement
- Exploring essential strategies in private sector engagement to support local entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Leveraging social inclusion strategies through private sector engagement
- Climate adaptation & conservation in market systems
- Positioning yourself for integrating natural resource management, climate change, & market systems development
- What we all need to know about climate change adaptations & conservation using market systems lenses
- Urban non-ag market systems
- Gaining essential insights into urban & peri-urban programming - with impacts across all development outcomes
- Market systems resilience
- Gaining insights into the evolution of market systems resilience lenses to development
- Exploring innovations in market systems resilience & impact at community level