Facilitate the transition of young women and men from education to employment.
Market systems and interventions
- Support universities to establish industrial boards in all academic units and to meet the private sector needs
- Support vocational education and training (VET) schools to engage with the private sector
- Support the Ministry of Education to establish a higher education management information system
- Strengthen capacity of VETs for provision of more and better career guidance services
- Support municipalities in establishing/improving career guidance services for VET students
- Facilitate access to advanced training to enable youth to get better skills, and therefore better job opportunities
Job matching services
- Support private job matching service providers (JMSP) to develop sustainable business models (business planning and product development)
- Build capacity of private job matching service providers (JMSP) to provide value added services
- Improve performance of public employment services (PES)
- Facilitate partnerships between public and non-public employment services
- Strengthen capacity of higher education providers (HEP) for provision of more and better career guidance services
- Pilot development of sustainable business models for career guidance centres of public and private HEPs
- Institutionalise the occupation of career counsellors
Business support services
- Increase awareness among lead firms on the benefits of investing in business services
- Increase range and type of business services to firms in targeted sectors
- Support a group of new, growing companies establish an "association of providers of outsourcing services"
- Increase awareness among stakeholders of exporting services by addressing barriers to entry
- Introduce commercial TV programmes that tackle youth employment issues
- Capacity building of journalists in coverage of youth employment/labour market issues
- Expand the coverage of youth employment issues in other media (web, radio, and print)
- 1,600 jobs created as a result of investments facilitated by the project
- 5,000 young women and men have better skills
- 32,000 job vacancies advertised through formal job matching services
- 33,000 young women and men benefited from career guidance services
- 10 academic programmes have been accredited; 580 students enrolled
- 10 education providers with effective systems for students’ placement in private sector
- CHF 3 million private sector investment leveraged by project interventions in targeted subsectors (ICT, Agro, Retail)
- 120 young growing companies facilitated by the project.
Updated February 2016.