This paper identifies the lessons learned from the InovAgro programme around collaborative design and execution as well as impact evaluation.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and DAI provide observations concerning what worked well and what did not work well in terms of the collaborative design and execution of the project and its impact evaluation.
The report covers:
- an overview of the programme's theory of change and other market system development interventions
- the academic literature on MSD intervention evaluations
- the empirical challenges faced by the study and the resulting lessons learned from an evaluation point of view
- the operational challenges faced and resulting lessons learned from the implementation point of view
- recommendations for monitoring and future evaluations of MSD programmes from both evaluation and implementation points of view