David is a Founding Member and Network Lead for the newly formed The Gallus Edge – a regulated community interest ‘not-for-profit’ company whose mission is to help tackle the injustice of poverty globally. It does this through informing and positively influencing development policy and practice through its research, advisory and evaluation focused collaborations. The Gallus Edge CIC is a network of independent development consultants and researchers passionately committed to delivering against our mission. Prior to establishing The Gallus Edge, David was a Director at The Springfield Centre where he worked since 2003. The Springfield Centre played an instrumental role in the thinking and application of ‘Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P)’ – as an approach for development agencies. As part of the leadership team, David, was instrumental in helping to define, codify, apply and improve M4P / market systems thinking and practice globally.
- Market Development in the Niger Delta (MADE) learning review 
- National Assembly Business Environment Roundtables (NASSBER) 
- Adopt Adapt Expand Respond (AAER) Framework 
- Enterprise Challenge Fund: mid-term review 
- The role and impact of radio in reforming the rural business environment in Africa 
- Improving the environment for small businesses in Indonesia and Russia: Experiences from Swisscontact